Wednesday, January 3, 2018

The Purpose of Learning

The Purpose of Learning

https://www.atheistrev.com/2018/01/what-point-of-learning-about-atheism.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+AtheistRevolution+%28Atheist+Revolution%29

Jack Vance's response got me thinking, "why do I". His response totally missed my reasons, but I also understand the question. Each of us need to limit what we bother studying. Our time is a limited resource for allocation where it is most productive. A lot of people are in the business of selling education, and much of that education has little value, or earning potential in many fields. But in reality, who knows what they will need going forward. In my case, the study of atheism has become incidental to my search for answers and understanding in other aspects of  this life.

For those who know me know I have a flat spot, an obsession with food, and a compulsion to eat. I am trying to understand this and find a treatment for myself. The medical community only has what I consider a buy low sell high answer; eat less and move more. The problem that I have is a mental short circuit sort of thing, an compulsion that take over and does, on it's own. Once started, the body takes over and automatically does it's thing without my direction. It is though my mind shuts off, and the body just does. Not normal, but that is what seems to happen. There is no clear definition or description of this phenomenon, Brain Lock by Jeffrey M. Schwartz comes the closest.The behavior of the religious, holding on to an totally irrational behavior, comes the closest in human behavior. I was hoping that in understanding one, the other would become clear. It has not yet.

Religion is learned and is socially acceptable, encouraged, even enforced within religious social groups. Yet, once we become a true atheist, religion is clearly wrong. It is like the one true Scotsman issue. This incidentally is the Muslim argument that is use to turn young "Muslims" into the jihad radical, for the Quran is a violence filled book of "Allah's direction of who, why and how to kill." If there is any doubt, just read the book. In a effort to remove this argument, the "only Arabic language is official" concept is applied.

Religion is learned behavior, therefore, likely, what ever I suffer from is also learned, but it as proven difficult to unlearn. One of the problems is that I like to sit back and be entertained, which may be the reinforcement of the eating drive. I do not have the energy or drive to shut off the TV and find a life elsewhere. I do not hear well enough for music, it is just noise now. I do not have the interest, need, desire, or energy to work at something. So I end up sitting in front of the TV... eating. One alternative is a time offset, early morning thing, where my day ends with bed at 8PM, as mourning comes at 4AM, pun intended. Then, with a GERT 3 hour rule...   

Religion is a hideous method controlling the behavior of the people who are not driven. Those who are driven will not be lead, much, although, some still use religion as a portion of there life that they can sit back and relax into, a stress relief period.     

No comments:

Post a Comment