Thursday, May 14, 2015

The Prime Directive

The Prime Directive is a concept of non interference, as long as the alien leave us in peace. The Prime Directive prohibits me from interfering, commenting on, criticizing, condemning the internal actions and beliefs of alien populations, including there foods and eating behaviors. They may believe and do what ever they like, regardless the probability of it's truth or fact.

This concept requires that we have a cosmos view that the aim of civilization is to flourish in peace. This means that non-aggression and peaceful co-existence is the aim of all populations. We cannot push our views onto others, but must instead sell those views to the adults through reason, not with force (as with Islam).

It is logic and reason that must prevail, not religion. Religions have, as one of there basic tenet, there survival as an organization. This can be achieved by obtaining new members, either by growing them, or by indoctrination. Many of us, by the time we get a education and work a while, realize that religions are bog gas, methane, or bull shit. They are not all bad; they provide community, a social environment, often a sound moral ethics base, (except for Islam)and a sense of purpose. We all can benefit from that part. Religions have fostered development, arts, music, and the building trades. Some, without religion, lack some of these. Some hang onto religion just for these. That does not matter. It is the pushing of untruths onto the young that is reprehensible. Promoting and forcing belief in fictions, unreals, gods in the sky, life after death, and the like, is just horse pucks.

The Shakers required that all members be adults, and there religion died out. Oh well. Buddhist do not make a thing out of promotion of there beliefs, and they are in relative decline; however, those who prescribe to there belief system seem to be dedicated to "peace, order and good government", although Buddhist have been apolitical up to recently. They seem to follow the Prime Directive already.  Reason is the only hope. Oh well.

Enough.
The Peace
 

1 comment:

  1. Hi Fred - your past few posts have focused on belief and non belief as I understand them. I seem to remember after the first Star Wars movie was released in the 1970's that a group wanted to start a "religion" based on "The Force." (Use the force Luke) As I heard the story, this group approached the actor Alec Guinness (Obi Wan Kenobi in the movie) about being their leader in the movement. Well he wanted nothing to do with this, and I didn't hear any more about it.

    With that said, I don't consider myself a religious man by any stretch of the imagination. However, there have been times in my life when I feel there is no other explanation for what occurred than divine intervention.

    If I had to categorize my belief system I would say that I am far left of the atheist, and left of the agnostic. I do not belong to an organized group that meets for church meetings, but am not opposed to those who choose to do so. For the most part, I am at peace with myself. I don't impose my beliefs on others, and I politely decline to engage in religious discussions with those church groups that are knocking at your door looking for converts. This seems more logical to me than being labeled the angry hater. Just my thoughts.

    ReplyDelete