Saturday, July 19, 2014

No Patience

I have no patience for fiddly farty crap. I recently realized that what little patience I did have has become much smaller. Age you say, perhaps, but it may be evolutions scanter in characteristics.  I was watching a young fellow make finger slings for recurve archers. It was like watching something in slow motion, but quite precise motion. I could not stand it.

This is why I could never be a good Olympic style archer. It is just so fiddly to go that next step and requires an body that does not shake. I act like I am in a hurry all the time, (adrenaline ?) that is either my nature or the way I was trained in my youth more likely.  I was always under pressure to do more. OH well, it is almost over anyway, being 2/3 to 3/4 or more of the natural cycle. All is left is the decline. That is the reality.




1 comment:

  1. Isn't it good that we are all so different?

    One of my sons was good at archery, another was good at golf and another was good playing the guitar.

    Life is a precious mix of abilities.

    Be patient or not ....it's our life.

    I just ask that we learn to be more tolerant of each other.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete